riddle me, please, the mystery of chemistry
and why my name, after all this time,
still tastes best on your tongue.
You are important to me and all I want is for you to be ok. That’s it.
I love you. I love you I love you I love you.
you have had love, and that means
your sternum is a divining rod
for both passion and grief. because the tongue is the body’s
strongest muscle, make it say
joy. make it say I am a factory of splendid things. make it say
the octopus is the smartest animal
in the animal kingdom, and I am an octopus. I am an octopus.
I am happy. my survival
was not an accident, or purposeless.
beauty is a shell
from the sea
where she rules triumphant
till love has had its way with her
sculptured to the
tune of retreating waves
the ear and the eye lie
down together in the same bed
Light attracts light.
But sometimes your light attracts moths and your warmth attracts parasites, protect your space and energy.
1. I fell all by myself.
2. That great internal struggle I thought you were having? Yeah, how about no.
3. I don’t want you anymore.
4. You’re never going to be allowed to hurt me ever again.
5. You are inconsiderate and lack basic human compassion.
6. Empathy is not one of your strong suits.
7. I question myself every day on why I ever chose you.
8. You’ve proved to me that some people just don’t have those redeeming qualities.
9. I don’t hate you. Hell, I don’t even dislike you.
10. You taught me that exposing my heart so openly hurts like hell, but at least I got to learn the depths of you (or lack thereof) much faster.
See you in the fall, and may you haunt me no longer.